Not Sure What You’re Looking For?
2019 Billy Goat 18" Hydro-Drive Sod Cutter
Call for Price
The Next Gen 18" Hydro-Drive Sod Cutter for Golf applications is perfect for soft touch, shallow cut, bent grass. With variable ground speeds - forward and reverse - and intuitive controls, this sod cutter is the easiest to operate and most comfortable to use sod cutter on the market.
This unit is built upon the most rugged foundation in the industry with a newly designed superstructure frame featuring 50 more pounds of steel and supports a robust drive and cut system. Plus a laser clad cutting blade offers precision cut and up to 3x blade life.
The machine's heavy-duty gear box and cutting system include oversized sealed bearings, tight shaft mounted eccentrics and a one-inch lateral stability bar - all designed to provide the next level in durability. Knobby wheels are ideal for softer touch, shallow cut bent grass applications.
- SUPERSTRUCTURE FRAME: 50% thicker 3/8" steel substructure and a 1/2" thick steel lateral support reinforces frame rigidity.
- NEW CUT SYSTEM: Features a rugged cast iron gear box, spiral gears and thick seals. Sealed bearings, one-inch plated lateral stability bar, large aluminum dog bones and tighter eccentric placement for outstanding strength when cutting. Laser clad cutting blade for precision cut and up to 3x blade life.
- INTUITIVE VARIABLE SPEED FINGERTIP HYDRO-DRIVE CONTROLS: Same as found on the reliable Billy Goat hydro-drive brush cutter and overseeder for a familiar family feel.
- SET AND FORGET BLADE DEPTH ADJUSTMENT TO 2.5": Single lever and clamp at user's operating position adjusts simply, saving time and providing precise cutting depths.
- HEAVY-DUTY TRANSMISSION: Drives 1.25" plated tapered axle with two-inch sealed bearings coupled to a one-inch jack shaft with armor coated chain for rugged drive reliability.
- REAR SWIVEL CASTER: Perfect for curved work and locks for straight cutting.
- MULTIPLE OVERSIZED ISOLATION MOUNTS: Absorb vibration so operator completes tasks quickly, comfortably and without fatigue.
- CONVENIENT HOUR METER: Tracks hours of operation to help determine when to service the machine. Also ideal for rental stores to track machine hours of use when rented.
- EASY ACCESS SERVICE DOORS: Three service doors positioned at front and back of machine offer convenient access for servicing.
- HEAVY-DUTY BUMPER & TEAR-DROP TIE DOWNS: Machine transport is safe and easy with a heavy-duty front bumper bar and six tie-down points, front and rear positions.
- UNIQUE DRIVE WHEELS: Two separate wheels designed to shed mud in wet conditions and grip in dry for improved cutting in all conditions.
- WELL VENTED HOUSING: Provides increased venting for cool operation and longer transmission life.
- NEXT GEN HYDRO-DRIVE SOD CUTTER WARRANTY: 2-Year Honda engine and 1-year bumper to bumper machine warranty.
- TEXT TO VIDEO: Label featured on the unit provides access to quick operating instructions video from your mobile device by texting the work "SOD" to 33988!
- KNOBBY WHEEL: Perfect for soft touch, shallow cut bent grass.
- Engine Brand: Honda GXV160
- Transmission: Hydro Gear RT310
- Width (in.): 26.5
- Height (in.): 38.5
- Maximum Cutting Depth (in.): 2.5
- Engine Manufacturer
- Honda GXV160
- Working Depth
- 2.5 in.